Monday, August 28, 2006

The Loss but Revival of the PDA

On Saturday as I was enjoying spending time with a friend, I pulled out my PDA to jot down a few notes because somehow my purse was without a pen. Well the missing pen was not the only issue with taking down a few notes, my Tungsten E Palm apparently had no battery power left and refused to turn on. Thankfully my pc back in Bloomington still contained all the data previously found on the PDA. Sunday evening upon return, I plugged in the Palm really hoping that it was only a dead battery and nothing major because I don't have the funds for purchasing another at this time. After a couple hours, I returned to the Palm to find that yes indeed it was working again but was totally blank. After a scavenger hunt for the cd, I was able to reinstall all the Palm components and resynch it to my desktop. During resetting, I started hearing sounds from my Palm again, which I hadn't heard for years nor had any clue how to turn them back on. They had seemed to be on and just not working previously. I did manage to figure out how to silence them so that I wouldn't be in class on Monday with my Palm making all kinds of strange noises. So for those hoping that I would one day soon upgrade to a PocketPC, I'm sorry but the Palm is still doing its job just fine.

No comments: