Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Do you know your zip code?

I sure didn't on Sunday. Why did I need to know this? Apparently at Pilot Gas Stations, they are now requiring you to enter your 5 digit zip code after swiping your credit card for added protection.

Any other day any other time, I could have given you my zip code with no problem, but for some reason on Sunday, after waiting in a small line to get gas, and being unprepared to provide my zip code after swiping my card, I went blank. My first thought was my Georgetown zip. Remembering that was no longer valid, I thought I had figured out my new zip, but instead I received two failures. Afraid of a third failure, I went on a hunt for the PDA and my zip code as people set waiting in line to pump their gas. I returned with success and filled my tank full of gas before continuing on the last trek of my journey back home.

So be prepared to know your zip the next time you go to the gas station.

2 comments:

Nick said...

4 digit zip code?

BeNotAfraid said...

Mental Lapse thanks for the correction.